In this article, you will understand and know how to migrate to Denmark from Canada in 2022.
Denmark offers several work and residence permits to foreign nationals interested in exploring life in Denmark, the Faroe Islands, or Greenland.
Residents, including Canadian citizens, can visit for up to the 90s without a visa. If you plan to work, study, volunteer, or stay for more than 90 days, a residence or work permit is usually required.
Denmark is regarded as the second happiest country on Earth, according to the World Happiness Report 2019, due to its relaxed and informal working culture.
This article comprises valuable information for anyone wishing to migrate to Denmark from Canada. It explains the legal requirements to move to Denmark and how to migrate to Denmark from Canada legally.
The article also gives you detailed information on how to get Denmark citizenship, things you should know when working in Denmark as a Canadian, and the jobs in demand in Denmark for foreigners.
Legal Requirements to Move to Denmark
These requirements are necessary to move to demark
- To Move to Denmark from within the Nordic region- which are the countries that work closely together through the Nordic Council requires nothing from the area for citizens of the member countries.
- As a citizen of Europe moving to Denmark and you want to stay in Denmark for longer than three months, you must meet the requirements for a European residence certificate, which means you need a job offer. One can gain a residence certificate through other categories, including a full-time study, self-employment or even as a person with enough funds to take care of themselves.
- If one is moving to Denmark from the rest of the world, it is required that you gain a work permit, you have to be experienced in a trade undergoing a workforce shortage in Denmark, or offered a job with a sufficiently high salary.
How to Legally Migrate to Denmark from Canada
For someone to legally migrate to Denmark from Canada, the person has to be a Canadian citizen of 18-35 years old (inclusive), and have a Canadian passport that’s valid for at least three months more than the length of your stay, get a job and then apply for a visa.
How to Get Denmark Citizenship
The important ways to get Denmark citizenship.
- Make sure not to receive a criminal sentence, either conditional or unconditional.
- The existing citizenship test, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions.
- Owing the state loans, fines, fees, and court expenses above the amount of 3 000 DKR (400 EUR) is a hindrance from getting Denmark citizenship.
- You should have permanent residency.
- You should have been living lawfully in Denmark for the last nine years.
- You should sign a declaration of loyalty to Denmark.
- You should not have received any social benefits for more than four months over the last five years.
- You should document Danish language skills at the level of passing the DU3 exam.
- You should participate in a ceremony at your local city hall with a physical handshake.
5 Things you should Know When Working in Denmark as a Canadian
Things to Know about Working in Denmark as a Canadian include:
- Being too official could be seen as unfriendly in Danish working culture.
- You shouldn’t expect hierarchy in Denmark because even students are first-name with teachers.
- It is expected that you don’t be shy but speak up and express your opinion politely regardless of your position in the company.
- Sometimes, the Danes’ sense of humor can range from mild self-mockery to sarcastic comments about others.
- The Danes are not known to spend much time with colleagues after work, and their leisurely time is reserved for close family or friends.
10 Jobs in Demand in Denmark for Foreigners
Most jobs that are in demand in Denmark for foreigners include:
- Consultant. Associate Software Udvikler – IBM CIC.
- Associate crypto udvikler – IBM CIC.
- Principal Engineer, Software Acoustic R&D.
- Supplier Operations Specialist.
- Denmark Organization: The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS).
- Strategic Business Development Manager – Financial Services.
- Data Management – konsulent.
- Procurement Specialist (Organizational readiness), Copenhagen.
- The Senior IT Security Engineer – Application Security and Testing.
The data is beneficial and valuable to anyone who wishes to migrate from Denmark to Canada to work or study. Having valid information on how to migrate from Denmark to Canada is worthwhile and valuable.
This article provided the basic things you need to know on how to migrate from Denmark to Canada, the things you should know when working in Denmark as a Canadian, and jobs in demand in Denmark for foreigners.
What is your opinion? Kindly share your view in the comment section and share this post with your friends using the share button below.